The life’s blood of an engine is oil, but oil without pressure can’t lubricate, so knowing the pressure is like knowing the engine’s heart is beating. Pressure varies with temperature and RPM, among other things, including oil level. Pressure switches (“idiot lights”) that are happy with the lowest expected pressure, typically around 5 psi, provide no early warning that oil level and operating pressure are dangerously low.
Digital gauges require time to read and analyze using the mind’s abstract mathematical side of the brain. Images are interpreted much faster, and rates of change are instantly understood. This is because we have evolved to instantly recognize any threat in the vision of our surroundings as a matter of survival. In this case, it’s the survival of the engine. It’s the major benefit provided by the PGK-100 analog gauge. It’s cheap insurance!
- Easy to read 1-3/4” 60 psi analog gauge
- Stainless Steel housing
- Billet Aluminum mounting bracket
- Powder coated semi-gloss black
- Detailed installation instructions included
- Engineered, field tested proven design
- High temperature high vibration components